Support Worker (Supervised Family Time Contact)
6 months ago
National East Care Employer of The Year and CQC Outstanding at 4 inspections company are looking for:
Children's Support worker to supervise family time at our NACCC accredited centre
Part time: flexible working (zero hour contract)
Working Pattern: Shifts may include days, early evenings, weekends and school holidays.
Hourly rate: £10.60 per hour; mileage and travel time paid.
We achieved CQC Outstanding for the fourth time running, have Investors in Children Gold and are the National Care Employer of the Year.
Our NACCC accredited Supervised Family Time service facilitates contact between children and their parents and other family members, in order to promote and maintain relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide direct work with children/young people and their carers to prevent family placement breakdown or to allow the child access to see a non-resident parent
· Ensure the safety of children during contact visits.
· Adhere to, uphold and exemplify the Group’s core values.
· Provide safe, accessible and stimulating environments where parents and children (including non-resident parents and other members of their families) are encouraged to re-establish, develop and enjoy their relationships.
· Supervise contact with family members and significant others
· To liaise with Social Services and other agency staff, with a view to achieving the post objectives.
· Seek to enhance parenting skills and the quality of family relationships
· To maintain accurate records of sessional work and to compile and present a report at reviews, planning meetings and court (if required).
· To participate in appropriate case discussions, reviews, meetings etc. concerning the young person worked with.
· To participate in team meetings, supervision sessions and training where identified as appropriate.
· To actively contribute to the ongoing development of the Service.
· Any other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the service manager or their duly authorised officers, commensurate with the post.
· The post holder must be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children.
Part time, zero hour contract
Shifts may include days, early evenings, weekends and school holidays.
Information regarding ROC Group
We are a growing team and we are excited for its development! We provide high quality care for children, young people and families in the North East. The Group have a focus on providing the best quality care which shows in our Investors in Children Gold Award and CQC Outstanding at 4 consecutive inspections.
Our team are focused on working together, learning and development and recognising when someone is doing a great job!
ROC Group are an equal opportunities employer. The position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
· Mature character required.
· Report writing skills
· Flexibility as much of the work takes place after 3 pm during the week and during the day at weekends.
· Full, clean driving licence with access to vehicle (‘business’ insurance required).
· Good relationship and communication skills with children and their families.
· Desire to attend optional and mandatory training as and when required.
Other skills to include: -
- Physical and mental resilience.
- Ability to work alone under pressure.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Caring and non-judgemental.
- An ability to work intensively and use time effectively.
- A commitment to Anti-Discriminatory Practice.
· Diploma/NVQ (level 3) Health and Social Care (Children) or willingness to work towards.
· Group work.
· Good working knowledge of the Children Act and Every Child Matters agenda.
· Experience of working with young people in a family/community setting.
- DBS paid for
- Westfield health care plan (permanent staff)
- Generous refer a friend bonus scheme
- Award-winning company culture
- Career progression opportunities
- Free relevant training
Upload your CV
Are you interested in the vacancy? Upload your CV today and submit your details.
Please confirm whether ROC Group may store your details in the ROC Talent Pool to apply.
Please upload your CV to apply.
Your application has been submitted successfully, thank you!