Residential Childcare Officer, Shift Cover for Holidays/Sickness x 2 Posts
6 months ago
ROC Home provides safe, nuturing and caring homes for children and young people who present with emotional behavioural or additional needs.
We are recruiting for Residential Childcare Workers for shift cover/holiday/sickness.
Full time, 40 hours per week
Information regarding ROC Group
ROC Home* is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to satisfactory references; enhanced DBS disclosure; extensive pre-employment checks and a minimum 6-month probationary period.
- Ability to engage with young people in a positive and proactive approach
- Sense of humour
- Self-motivated and a positive nature
- Sensitive and reflective
- Honesty and reliability
- Ability to listen and empathise
- Ability to assess risks
- Effective communication skills: recording and report writing and verbal communication.
- Awareness of non-verbal communication i.e. eye contact and personal space etc
- A professional and caring value base i.e. consistency and empathy
- Due to the location of the homes and the need to transport young people driving license or access to own transport is essential for these areas/homes.
- Working individually and within a team
- Experience of working with children.
- Level 3 award in Health & Social Care (Children)/ Residential Care
- This is a statutory requirement for all employees wishing to work in childcare.
- Openness and commitment to personal development identified training and professional development.
- An interest and ability in adventure activities
- Sleeping in duties
- Willing to work additional hours to cover sickness and holidays and to work in other homes within your area.
- Willing to work Bank Holidays & Christmas Holidays
- Have good medical health
· Paid for DBS
· Westfield Health Cash Plan & Rewards
· Profit share scheme
· Refer a friend bonus
· Recognition scheme
· Credit Union Saving Scheme
· · Paid for Level 4 on completion of probationary period
· · Intensive induction and full training
· · Holiday increases for length of service
· Comprehensive learning and development programme
· Time and a half pay for bank holidays
Upload your CV
Are you interested in the vacancy? Upload your CV today and submit your details.
Please confirm whether ROC Group may store your details in the ROC Talent Pool to apply.
Please upload your CV to apply.
Your application has been submitted successfully, thank you!