Children's Support Worker
2 months ago
Part Time - Flexible Working
North East Care Employer of The Year* and CQC Outstanding at 3 inspections company are looking for:
Children's Support Worker for outreach and personal care with children with complex needs and/or Support worker to supervise family time at our NACCC accredited centre
We are excited to be growing our Award-Winning team! The service provides outreach activities, you will be part of a team who work within the child's support plan to help them to achieve their goals. This may also include attending to a child's personal & intimate care needs.
Working Pattern: mainly after 3 pm, weekends and school holidays.
Information regarding ROC Group
We achieved CQC Outstanding for the third time running in 2019, have Investors in Children Gold and are the NE Care Employer of the Year.
Our NACCC accredited Supervised Family Time service facilitates contact between children and their parents and other family members, in order to promote and maintain relationships.
We are a growing team and we are excited for its development! We provide high quality care for children, young people and families in the Northeast . The Group have a focus on providing the best quality care which shows in our Investors in Children Gold Award and CQC Outstanding at 3 consecutive inspections.
Our team are focused on working together, learning and development and recognising when someone is doing a great job! We are the proud winners of the Northeast Care Employer of The Year Award!
ROC Group is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and it’s service users and expects the team to share this commitment. This position is subject to satisfactory references, pre-employment checks and a clear enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Candidates are expected to transport children so access to a car and a driving license are essential.
- Experience is preferred but not a requirement as full training is provided.
- You must be committed and reliable. We are focused on delivering excellent standards of care & are looking for candidates who strive to attain high quality, professional care, every day.
- You will work with a consistent approach to meet the needs of each individual child you care for & supervise, under supportive management & in accordance with the Children Act 2004; Care Standards Act 2000; Children & Families Act 2014; Health & Safety at Work Act 1974; Equality Act 2010; and all other relevant pieces of legislation
- Candidates must be prepared to work flexibly. The service operates 365 days per years, 7 am – 10 pm however; the main bulk of hours are worked after school, at weekends and during school holidays.
- Although no formal qualifications are required on the application, candidates must be able to demonstrate effective report writing skills. Full training will be provided.
- After successfully completing the probationary period, ROC Group will fund a Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Excellent learning & development opportunities – Level 3 qualification
- Opportunities for progression
- Mileage allowance
- Enhanced DBS check paid for by Company
- Company events & social hours
Step 1 of 2
Your Personal Information
Eligibility to work in the UK
We have a no-smoking policy.
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974:
As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS), ROC Group complies fully with the Code of Practice & undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. ROC Group undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a criminal record check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. The role you have applied for requires an Enhanced DBS Check and is also included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 & 2020); ROC Group can only ask about individual convictions and cautions that are not protected. ROC Group has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders; the policy statement is made available to all DBS applicants at the outset of the recruitment process. If you are unsure about what to disclose, please refer to the Policy Statement sent with the Application Pack, which contains links to help you.
• I authorise you to get references to support this application and that previous employers may be contacted for information. I agree that you will have no liability caused by giving and receiving information. • I understand the appointment, if offered, is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and subject to the information provided on the application form or any other document being correct. • Any false or misleading information provided on this form may result in any employment being terminated.