Charity Support Worker
2 months ago
We are exciting to be growing our Award-winning team!
If you are passionate about helping people we might be the employer for you! ROC Solid Supported Housing Charity works with vulnerable families and young people, the team work on a rota basis, covering day shifts and mostly sleeping night shifts.
The Role: Is to include working closely with mix of service users including: - young parents and babies, those recovering from drug/alcohol problems, care leavers, people with learning difficulties, families at risk and vulnerable young people to help them acquire essential life skills i.e. budgeting, cooking or accessing education/employment; supporting them to move into independence
Rate of Pay: £10.64 per hour, plus mileage, plus sleepover allowance of £50 per sleepover shift.
Full time. We are looking for candidates who are prepared to work flexibly; the role is offered on a sessional contract. The Charity is staffed 24/7 and shifts include sleepovers, days, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Information regarding ROC Group
We are a growing team and we are excited for its development! We provide high quality care for children, young people and families in the Northeast . The Group have a focus on providing the best quality care which shows in our Investors in Children Gold Award and CQC Outstanding at 3 consecutive inspections.
Our team are focused on working together, learning and development and recognising when someone is doing a great job! We are the proud winners of the Northeast Care Employer of The Year Award!
ROC Group is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and it’s service users and expects the team to share this commitment. This position is subject to satisfactory references, pre-employment checks and a clear enhanced DBS disclosure.
· A driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
· Previous experience of working with these service user groups is preferred but not essential, life experience is just as valuable
· Candidates must be flexible as will be required to work evenings, weekends and some nights as part of a rota
· A Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject is also desirable however, ROC Group will fund a Level 3 Apprenticeship post-probation
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Excellent learning & development opportunities – Level 3 qualification
- Opportunities for progression
- Mileage allowance
- Enhanced DBS check paid for by Company
- Company events & social hours
Step 1 of 2
Your Personal Information
Eligibility to work in the UK
We have a no-smoking policy.
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974:
As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS), ROC Group complies fully with the Code of Practice & undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. ROC Group undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a criminal record check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. The role you have applied for requires an Enhanced DBS Check and is also included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 & 2020); ROC Group can only ask about individual convictions and cautions that are not protected. ROC Group has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders; the policy statement is made available to all DBS applicants at the outset of the recruitment process. If you are unsure about what to disclose, please refer to the Policy Statement sent with the Application Pack, which contains links to help you.
• I authorise you to get references to support this application and that previous employers may be contacted for information. I agree that you will have no liability caused by giving and receiving information. • I understand the appointment, if offered, is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and subject to the information provided on the application form or any other document being correct. • Any false or misleading information provided on this form may result in any employment being terminated.